Travel Bites: Krabi, Thailand 2017
Thailand is very kind to me. I always feel the genuine hospitality of the Thai People. From Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and now Krabi. The Land of Smiles is always surprising me and making my heart happy!
For the Deepavali Holiday (Hindu’s Festival of Lights), I decided to fly to Krabi which is 2 hours flight from Singapore. I took AirAsia which only cost less than 170 Singapore Dollars! Indeed you can fly with AirAsia.
I went to Krabi to relax and recharge myself. I’m not a party animal and so I needed a place where silence and peace can be felt.
I thought I will have a hard time to find a place but I was wrong. I used AirBnB to find a place. Of course I read all the reviews and did all the considerations before booking the place. I decided to stay at Dawn of Happiness.
I arrived in Krabi, Saturday afternoon and it was raining. I asked the taxi driver who picked me up at the airport and the AirBnB host regarding the weather, they told me that the past week it was raining a lot. I’m so blessed that on Sunday until Wednesday, no more rain!
Dawn of Happiness:
• This Beach Resort is very simple and basic, far from luxury.
• What I appreciate about this place is the silence, tranquillity and the ‘realness’ of being part of the nature.
• This place is a gem. It’s far from the people.
• Away from town but not from the things that you need.
• 5 to 7 minutes’ walk you’ll be able to reach a 24 hour Family Mart, Thai Food Stalls mostly Halal, Tourist Information that offer Tours and Transportations, and Ao Nam Mao Pier.
• Staff are amazing, they are not around all the time but I don’t mind.
• They do have wifi but not strong enough when you are inside the room.
• Simple breakfast is provided – banana, pineapple, watermelon, bread, hot beverages.
• Dinner has a fixed price of 120 baht and its good enough. You need to ask the menu and tell them that day if you want join them for dinner.
• You can go to the place using Public transportation (120 Baht) or Taxi (600 Baht) you can request a pick up from and to the airport.
The beach at Dawn of Happiness is not the clearest and the most beautiful because it’s always low tide and maybe because it’s near the small pier but you can easily access some of the clearest and very touristy beaches and bay.
During my second day in Krabi, I booked Phi Phi Island tours which cost 1200 Baht for the tour and 400 Baht for the ‘Donation’ (I guess this goes to the maintenance of the Islands) I booked my tour with Baracudas Tour!
• Like in any other tours, they will pick you up and send you back to your accommodation
• The Tour Lasted for 8 hours including the travel time
• We used Speed boat during the tour, indeed it was a speed boat! Kind of scary because the waves are big.
• The staffs were good and but the ‘English Guide’ did not really gave good information about Krabi or about the islands that we visited.
• I think Thai Tours are standardised, they do offer drinks and fruits while on board which is extra sweet and special.
• Lunch is provided like most of the tours and its Halal and they give Vegetarian options
• In my opinion, I enjoyed the ‘James Bond Tour’ that I did in Phuket
• I think Phi Phi Island tour is just so popular that’s why there are so many people.
• I’ll give these Tour 7 ½ stars out of 10!
Thailand has so much to offer! I’ve never been to other amazing Koh (Islands) like Koh Samui and Koh Phangan, and other provinces like Chiang Rai and Pattya. It is always a pleasure to visit the Kingdom of Thailand and I don’t mind to have my short or long holidays in this beautiful and caring country. Kob Khun Krub!
Check this video that I created!