Mindful Meditation Guide for Beginners
Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya, Shamba Mahadeva Chandrachooda and Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram, these songs are indeed from the heart, from the soul, from the earth.
I was very new in Meditation and these songs help me to love the practice!
How to begin?
– Find a quiet room or a place.
– Make sure you are comfortable.
– Sit straight on the floor or pillow or chair
– Close you eyes.
– Breathe. (Start with 3 to 5 minutes)
Questions and Answer:
– Can I meditate alone? Yes.
– Can I meditate with others? Yes.
– What is the key in a Mindful Meditation? Focus and Relax.
– Relax your body specially your facial muscles.
– Don’t force yourself.
– If you think you are already comfortable with your 5 minutes mindful meditation, then include your breathing exercises or meditation songs.
I am so blessed to have a meditation teacher who is very inspiring and down to earth.
Below are the songs that helped me enjoy the meditation class during my YTTC, here are the songs in Sanskrit and English translations:
Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya | I bow to Lord Vasudeva (en.wikipedia.org)
Shamba Mahadeva Chandrachooda | O Great God of Goodness, who wears the moon as an ornament, O beneficent Lord, O eternal Lord Shiva
and Divine Mother, You are Lord of Mount Kailasa and You bring down the River of Grace. Protect me,
Mother Parvati (Shiva\’s consort) with God\’s Name (www.sathya.org.uk)
Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram | May the Lord as Light and Virtue that dwells in my heart be victorious overall obstacles and difficulty. May the positive and transforming vision of the Divine in my heart lead to the fulfillment of divine will. (www.thegratefulyogi.com)
Below are the audio records from the actual meditation class.
Practicing Meditation is very fulfilling specially if you have a good teacher. Namaste to all.