One-Legged Arm Balance : Koundinyasana II
Koundinyasana or One Legged Arm balance is one of the best practices to train your muscles. Not only your abs but also your back muscles, shoulders, arms and thighs. This asana massages the internal organs specially the abdomen, it also strengthens the spinal cord.
Here are the details, tips, techniques on how to get into the pose.
- Start the practice in downward facing dog.
- Raise one leg up and slowly move forward to plank position and touch the knee to you wrist.
- Exhale, move back to downward dog but this time in one-legged pose.
- Inhale, move forward and this time try to touch your knee to you elbow. Hunch your back and suck the belly in.
- Exhale, move back to downward facing dog. Maintain the strong arms.
- Inhale, move forward and try to touch the armpit.
- Exhale, back to one-legged downward dog.
- Inhale move forward, set the knee under or beside the armpit. Transfer the weight towards in front.
- When you are ready raise the supporting foot up and straighten both knees.
- Stay in the position for couple of breathes. and with strength jump back to chaturangga.
- Do the same thing on the other leg.
- Maintain the strength in your body.
- Engage the abdomen muscles, arms and legs.
- Don’t forget to breathe and focus
- Always find the balance and strength.
Feel free to ask questions and suggestions. Thanks for reading this Yoga Guide! Namaste.